Welcome to 2020 – HBA Update
It’s hard to believe that Home Show is only 22 days from today – are you ready?
HBA Home Show 2020
We still have a few booths available and we are looking for volunteers to help with ticket selling, the information desk, driving the vendor shuttle and the Kid Pro Zone area. Please contact Hannah Tiffin (417.881.3711 or Hannah@SpringfieldHBA.com) for more information.
Changes & Updates for 2020
One important change for 2020 is that the HBA Board of Directors (at the recommendation of the HBA Trade Show committee) has decided to put the HBA Remodeling EXPO on hold for 2020. Declining attendance and the public’s continued confusion between the Home Show and Remodeling EXPO were the two biggest reasons.
This decision does NOT mean the Remodeling EXPO is gone for good – the HBA Trade Show committee is brainstorming how to change the event to make it effective for vendors and the public. Please send Hannah any suggestions you have and they will be taken to the committee.
Another big change in 2020 are the new building codes the City of Springfield has adopted. These new codes go into effect January 10th (any permits pulled January 9, 2020 or earlier will not be affected by the new codes).
Your HBA worked with the City of Springfield for more than 18 months on the adoption of these new codes. While we didn’t win every battle concerning the new codes, we did make significant changes to what the City originally intended to adopt.
How do you learn what is in the new codes? Your HBA and the City of Springfield are hosting three educational classes. All classes will be held at the HBA office, 3pm-4:30pm. Here is the schedule:
- January 14: This class will review how to use ProjectDox, the application process and the new plan submittal requirements
- February 4: This class will review the required inspections (including new inspections) and primary code updates
- February 18: This class will review energy code updates
These classes are open to the entire HBA membership. Do you know of a builder that would be a good HBA member? Please invite them to attend these classes as your guest – this is an excellent opportunity to show potential new members what the HBA has to offer!
• Promote the Home Show – Graphics for Social & Web
• Reach Your Consumers – FREE Post in the HBA Info-Letter
• Builders’ and Remodelers’ Use of Technology in 2019• New and Renewing Members – December 2019