Southwestern Exteriors is a family-owned and operated company, specializing in residential and commercial insulation projects. Southwestern Insulation is a part of the G5 Family of Companies. We are one of the largest insulation installers serving the Midwest construction market with 13 locations serving the 4-state area. Although installing insulation is our niche, we are also a leader installing gutters, windows and doors, siding, soffit and fascia, and crawlspace systems.
DO YOU ENJOY WORKING OUTSIDE AND MAKING GOOD MONEY?
Do you have, or want to have construction experience? We are seeking a Soffit/ Siding Installer for residential and commercial applications, both new and retrofit applications. This position requires the ability to perform the job duties and to understand and follow installation procedures. We will train you. You are guaranteed an hourly training wage for the first 8 weeks.
The Soffit/Siding Installer performs the essential functions of the position, which include installing siding, soffit, fascia, shelving, windows, insulation, and materials in new and retrofit applications. This position requires the ability to perform physical activities to perform the job duties and to understand and follow installation procedures.
If you have an unbelievable work ethic, the desire to be outside in the fresh air, and excellent customer service, then this might be the career for you.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Compensation is on a piece-rate system based on the total square footage of a job.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- On the Job Training
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
- Paid Training Program
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience in construction, home improvement, or a related industry is preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience with construction machinery and hand and power tools is required.
- A Department of Transportation (DOT) certification is required.
- A 10-hour OSHA certification is preferred.
- A valid driver's license and ability to be covered under the Company's automobile insurance is required.
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check and drug screening is required.
POSITION KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of construction and/or home improvement industry.
- Knowledge of construction and installation machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics to solve problems.
- Skilled in the use of installation equipment, machines, and tools to meet specifications.
- Skilled in inspecting products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Skilled in understanding written instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Skilled in active listening including providing full attention to instructions, asking questions when needed, and understanding and following procedures.
- Skilled in using knowledge and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- The ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and movement of the entire body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- The ability to communicate professionally with coworkers and customers.
- The ability to observe, receive, and obtain information from all relevant sources to perform job functions.
- The ability to see details at close range to perform intricate detail work.
- The ability to use personal protective equipment (PPE) for extended periods.
- The ability to remember the state of one's surroundings and restore the worksite to a condition that is better than it was before the work was started.
- The ability to learn new information and develop skills as they relate to specific job duties.
- The ability to drive a motor vehicle and input/follow GPS directions.