Salute to Design & Construction Banquet 2018 Summary
Congratulations to all of the scholarship recipients and award winners at the annual Salute to Design & Construction banquet held earlier this month!
Scholarship winners enrolled in the Construction and Interior Design departments of local colleges and/or universities were recognized for their accomplishments during the banquet. In addition, the following awards were given:
National Association of Women in Construction
- Vesta Award – Holly Goodin, Carter Waters, LLC
American Institute of Architects
- Craftsman of the Year – Johnnie Faucett, Hartman & Co.
- Superintendent of the Year – Jerremy NeSmith, Dewitt & Associates
Springfield Contractors Association
- Design Team of the Year – Prime, Inc.
- Developer of the Year – Missouri State University
- Doug Sampson, Retired from MSU
- Jim Carson, Carson-Mitchell Inc
- Kit Carson, Carson-Mitchell Inc
- Ed Textor, Retired from advanced Concrete Technologies Inc
- Wayne Towe, MECO Systems
MSU students were recognized for their fantastic showing at the annual Associated School of Construction Region IV Management Competition. This year, MSU students finished first in both the Commercial Renovations and the Specialty Division and finished third in the Design-Build Decision competition. Click here to read more about these award winning students.
Last, but not least, multiple cash awards were given for the annual Salute to Design & Construction Photo Contest. Here are the winners:
Best of Show
- Kevin Mills, Mills Foundation, LLC
Faces in Construction
- 1st Place – Travis Gillespie, Gillespie Excavating Co., Inc.
- 2nd Place – Nicki Gillespie, Gillespie Excavating Co., Inc.
- 3rd Place – Sean Thouvenot, Branco Enterprises
Places in Construction
- 1st Place – Matt Beckler, Carson-Mitchell Inc.
- 2nd Place – James Sederburg, AAA Concrete Pumping
- 3rd Place – Travis Gillespie, Gillespie Excavating Co., Inc.
Please contact Charlyce Ruth at the HBA to learn how to enter the photo contest and win money for your photos next year!
View all photos on Facebook (Click Here)
Click here for a link to banquet photos.