At The Carpet Shoppe, we are a leading provider of floor covering in the Greater Springfield, MO area since 1970. As our business continues to grow, we are looking for a reliable retail salesperson for a full-time position.
Flooring experience preferred but not required. Other similar industry experience will be considered (ie furniture sales, window treatments, tile sales, interior design, construction industry, etc.)
Our ideal candidate is:
- Self-motivated, dedicated and driven to succeed.
- Customer service oriented with strong closing skills.
Compensation includes salary plus commission.
- Greets customers and prospects as they enter the store.
- Establishes a rapport with prospects, customers, and others to understand service and sales requirements
- Qualifies each customer, determining their needs, desires, and budget
- Coordinate and sell quality floor coverings: The overall goal is to drive sales through superior customer service.
- Provides the highest level of customer service by serving the customer with honesty and integrity.
- Maintain contact with the customer after agreements are signed to ensure all work is completed correctly and on time
- Works independently yet cooperatively with the company and the team’s goals and directives.
- Develops in depth knowledge and expertise with regards to all products. Participate in on-going training to continually increase product knowledge.
- Attend trade shows as needed.
- Be active in local professional organizations.
- Build relationships with design firms/independent designers.
- Conduct job site visits as necessary to ensure proper installation and customer satisfaction
Successful Candidate Will:
- Be driven to meet sales goals and thrive in a competitive and dynamic sales environment.
- Be flexible, highly organized and have a successful history of servicing multiple customers while consistently achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Be able to work independently while simultaneously being part of a team.
- Instinctively address all customer questions and concerns promptly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required. Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong work ethic with little supervision after training period.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- 401k/Profit Sharing
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discounts
Do not contact the Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield.