Parade Demonstrates Housing Is In Recovery Mode
If you have been waiting for the best possible time to buy or build a new home, the timing of the Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield’s 2010 Parade of Homes couldn’t be better for you. The 2010 HBA Parade of Homes (June 18-20 and June 25-27) features a strong mix of both custom and spec homes on this Parade – in every price point. That is indicative of the fact that home building and housing is officially in a legitimate recovery mode. (Download this full release in PDF format by clicking here.)
“In the first four months of 2010, exactly twice as many new homes were permitted as in the first four months of 2009 in our six county region, 462 in 2010 vs. 231 in 2009,” said HBA of Greater Springfield CEO Matt Morrow.
Morrow added that the most recently commissioned MarketGraphics Research Group report also shows new homes inventory for the six county area has now fallen to between 20 to 30 percent of total closings. “That is considered the ‘sweet spot’ for healthy inventory levels,” Morrow said. “When looking at that data closer, by county, we have some segments in Greene, Christian and Webster counties which are officially below healthy inventory levels. That means there’s actually a shortage of new homes in certain price points.”
Among the 17 entries in the 2010 Parade, you will see tremendous diversity — there’s everything from homes built for active adults with an “empty nest”, to a sustainable modern farmhouse on acreage in Greene County. As well, the area’s first home certified to the ANSI National Green Building Standard will be on Parade this year. In addition to the homes on the Parade, long-time homebuilder A.G. Paul has created a “home” for his dream to bring the Ozarks a quality constructed indoor shooting range.
WHAT? The 2010 HBA Parade of Homes
WHEN? The Parade will run the weekends of June 18-20 and June 25-27.
TIME? Homes are open on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday dates from 1 to 6 pm.
WHERE? The Parade features homes in the Springfield/Greene County area, Republic, Nixa and the indoor shooting range is in Ozark; one of the homes is located in Stone County (Blue Eye).
COST? The Parade of Homes is a FREE event
PUBLIC CAN PICK UP PARADE EVENT MAGAZINES (featuring Parade homes, maps/directions to homes, etc.) at the following locations: The Carpet Shoppe, 1827 E. Seminole St., Springfield; Herrman Lumber Co., 1917 S. State Hwy MM, Springfield; The Light House Gallery at 4113 S. National Ave, Springfield and 218 S. Commercial St., Branson; Maschino’s, 1715 S. Campbell Ave, Springfield; Meek’s – The Builder’s Choice area locations in Springfield, 1551 W. Mt. Vernon, 3231 N. Glenstone, and 3250 E. Sunshine; as well as in surrounding communities, 1355 E. Highway 60, Republic; Highway 160 N, Nixa; 155 Stonetree, Branson; 518 State Hwy OO, Reeds Spring.
MORE INFORMATION: To download more detail about homes, addresses, maps to homes click here.
1. MGM Properties – $649,900, a beautiful lake-front walkout basement home in Silver Fox Estates in Blue Eye.
2. Millstone Custom Homes – $750,000, a craftsman-style, walkout basement home featuring incredible indoor and outdoor kitchens in the Timbers at Riverdale near Nixa.
3. J. Russell MacLachlan Homes – Upper $300’s, beautifully appointed home with an active adult open floor plan in picturesque Kelby Creek subdivision just south of Nixa.
4. Fahrlander Custom Homes – Valued at $385,000, the St. Jude Dream Home in Kelby Creek, this is a lovely two-story home with 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. It also offers a media room and a built-in storm shelter. For more information about the St. Jude Dream Home program, visit KSPR.com and click the St. Jude Dream Home link in upper right hand corner.
5. Bussell Building, Inc. – $189,900, an incredible value in the Richmond subdivision in Nixa, this 4 bedroom/2 bath home is also Energy Star rated.
6. King Built Properties – $400’s, this custom European Cottage style home in the Villages at Wicklow is expertly designed and you’ll find stunning craftsmanship in every detail including the custom cabinetry and one-of-a-kind exterior style created with reclaimed materials.
7. Paul Construction – The Sound of Freedom USA Indoor Shooting Range in Ozark built by long-time area home builder A.G. Paul offers an incredible recreational experience for both experienced marksmen and beginners. There is also a retail store and training classes are available on-site.
8. Martin Building & Development – $545,000, this gorgeous home in a cul-de-sac of Millwood offers everything a family could want including a walkout basement, spacious master suite and a screened-in porch with a view of the 11th hole.
9. King Built Properties – $500’s, this Spanish Mission style custom home in San Poppi puts the emphasis on outdoor living with an incredible screened-in outdoor living area with motorized screens and an amazing indoor-outdoor fireplace.
10. MGM Properties – $389,900, the ultimate family home, this house offers more than 4,000 square feet including a walkout basement with wet bar, 4 bedrooms and 3 baths in Lexington Square.
11. Up-Tyte Construction – Mid-$300’s, this will be the Ozarks’ first home certified to the ICC 700-2008 National Green Building Standard™. Built to the Gold Level, this custom home has an insulated concrete wall system and ground source heating/cooling. (For more information about the ANSI/ICC 700-2008 National Green Building Standard, visit nahbgreen.org and click on the “Certification” button.)
12. Kenson Goff Homes – $700’s + land, you’ll be talking about this home — which puts an emphasis on sustainability, minimalist design and reclaimed materials — for a long time to come. A modern farmhouse, it has a wrap-around porch with no pillars to obstruct the view. An ingenious custom louvered exterior shade panel system allows the homeowners to make the most of natural light based on the season.
13. Richland Homes – $199,900, located inside Pearson Park, Springfield’s first private all Energy Star subdivision, this 4 bedroom/2 bath home is energy efficient and beautiful.
14. Robbins Custom Homes – $249,900, this one-story home on a quiet street in Phase 2 of Fawn Valley Estates, offers a unique floor plan with a beautiful open kitchen/great room area. Details like the rustic hickory flooring and granite countertops make this an incredible value.
15. Bussell Building, Inc. – $169,900, built in Indigo Ridge subdivision, this Energy Star rated home is quality-built with fantastic detail like knotty alder cabinets and granite countertops. Situated in a great southwest Springfield area location.
16. Bussell Building, Inc. – $134,900, this 3 bedroom, 2 bath home in Republic has so many amenities, including hardwood and tile flooring. The price is almost unbelievable, especially when you consider the fact that it is Energy Star rated.
Keep watching the HBA’s Parade of Homes blog on SpringfieldHBA.com for video previews of these Parade homes – click here.