Help Urge Congress to Extend Conforming Loan Limits!
Call Your Members of Congress at (866) 924-NAHB (6242)
Write Your Members of Congress at www.capitolconnect.com/builderlink
In less than two weeks, on October 1, 2011, the conforming loan limits for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Federal Housing Administration (FHA) will be lowered. The disruption that would occur with the lowering of the current loan limits would further damage the already fragile housing market and impede the economic recovery of our nation.
The housing finance system is under a cloud of uncertainty. The federal government, through the GSEs and the FHA, is currently accounting for nearly all mortgage credit flowing to home buyers and rental properties. Lowering the loan limits will only further restrict overall mortgage liquidity in the marketplace and place further downward pressure on home prices.
- Urge your members of Congress to support immediate efforts to extend the current loan limits for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the FHA;
- A drop in these mortgage loan limits would reduce home prices in major markets all across the country;
- This is not the time to reduce housing demand and exacerbate the current housing downturn.
Two Ways to Act:
- Call Your members of Congress at (866) 924-NAHB (6242);
- Write your members of Congress at www.capitolconnect.com/builderlink.
If you have any questions or feedback on this issue, please email BuilderLink@nahb.org.