Thank you to all HBA Members who attended the 2017 HBA Christmas party at Ozarks Food Harvest. A wonderful time was had by all, and the amount of excitement and hard work that was put into our volunteer project was bountiful!
SEE PHOTOS POSTED TO FACEBOOK BELOW
Giving something back to the community was our focus this year – and we managed to do that by assembling almost 11,000 meals and sorting 6,500 pounds of milk. Just another way HBA members affect the community they live in – great job!
As part of the Christmas Party the Home Builders Association of Greater Springfield installed the 2018 HBA Board of Directors and announced its most prestigious honors of the year. The annual HBA awards announced during the evening’s festivities included HBA Member of the Year, HBA Associate Company of the Year, HBA Associate Individual of the Year and the brand-new Rising Star award.
The HBA Builder Member of the Year went to John Marion (John Marion Custom Homes). John served as president of the HBA 2016 and 2017 and was instrumental in reviving the HBA Education offerings and implementing builder participation requirements. All HBA builders are now required to attend at least Builder Round Table, one educational event and one membership event during the year to keep their membership. This change has led to increased builder participation throughout the association.
FamilySafe was honored as HBA Associate Company of the Year. FamilySafe created Corn Madness, our annual cornhole tournament. In addition to creating and hosting this fabulous event, FamilySafe employees make a concentrated effort to attend all HBA events and are among the first HBA members to step up to volunteer.
Jillian Johnson (Decorating Den Interiors) was honored as the HBA Associate Individual of the Year. Jillian is an extremely active member of the HBA. You can find her participating on the Trade Show committee and the HBA Charitable Foundation Scholarship committee. She volunteers at the Home Show and Home Remodeling Show and helps lead educational presentations at both shows. In addition to her regular volunteering, Jillian was instrumental in securing donated golf carts to shuttle vendors back and forth to the vendor parking area.
Our new award – “Rising Star” – was awarded to Ryan Green (First Choice Construction). Ryan joined the HBA in April 2015 and hasn’t slowed down since. Ryan quickly determined that participating in HBA educational opportunities and the Regulatory Advocacy committee directly affected his livelihood and made both a priority. Ryan also participates in the Home Show, Home Remodeling Show and Parade of Homes – all of which he feels helps promote his company to the community. In addition to everything Ryan does with the HBA, he also promotes the HBA to fellow competitors, subs and contractors. Just in the last three months, Ryan has sponsored three new members. Congratulations Ryan and Thank You for all that you do!
The HBA President’s Award was awarded to Glenn Green (Lowther Johnson) this year. President John Marion thanked Glenn for all of his guidance during board meetings and throughout the year.
Congratulations to this year’s award winners and inductees! Your hard work and dedication to the association is deeply appreciated.
HBA Leadership – 2018
- President: Jason Bekebrede CGB, CGP, Monticello Custom Homes & Remodeling
- Vice President: Travis Miller CGP, Travis Miller Homes, Inc
- Vice-President of Regulatory Advocacy/Secretary: Ryan Green, First Choice Construction
- Vice-President of Finance/Treasurer: Steve Hamm, Systematic Savings Bank
- Vice-President of Political & Legislative Advocacy: Rusty MacLachlan CAASH, J. Russell MacLachlan Custom Homes
- Immediate Past President: John Marion CGB, CGP, John Marion Construction, LLC
- Mike Benna, Meek’s Design Center
- Glenn Green, Lowther Johnson Attorneys
- Debi Murray, Murney Associates
- Angela Smith, ADsmith Communications
- Jill Vincel, Southern Supply
- Shelley Wehner, Cabinet Concepts by Design
- Matt Bailey
- Scott Bracy CGP, CGR
- Kenny Bussell
- Gene Douglas
- Brett Godfrey
- Jeremiah Lee
- John Harp
- Hershel Johns
- Jerry Corbett Sr.
2018 NAHB National Directors: (automatic ex-officio seats on HBAGS Board, if not otherwise an elected member of the HBAGS Board):
- Life Director: Sam Bradley GMB, CGR, CGP, Sam Bradley Homes
- National Director: Matt Bailey CGB, CGP, Bailey Company
- National Director: Travis Miller CGP, Travis Miller Homes, Inc
HBA of Missouri State Directors: (automatic ex-officio seats on HBAGS Board, if not otherwise an elected member of the HBAGS Board):
- Matt Bailey CGB, CGP, Bailey Company
- Mike Benna CGP, CGA, CAPS, Meek’s Design Center
- Debi Murray, Murney
Click here or “See More“ to view photos on Facebook.