The HBA Builder Requirements will continue as set forth in 2017. The purpose of these requirements are to set HBA Builders a step above the rest as well as creating a better connection with the HBA through increased participation. The HBA of Greater Springfield continues to allocate a larger percentage of the budget to promoting HBA members through TV commercials, PSAs and video blogs. The message focuses on how to find HBA members and why using an HBA member matters. As a follow-up to this budgetary decision, the 2017 HBA Board of Directors adopted a policy concerning builder members. In order to be an HBA builder member in good standing, builders must attend:
- one Builder Round Table
- one HBA Membership Event and
- one HBA Educational Event during the calendar year.
Please check our calendar monthly for up-to-date schedules. Open your HBA e-Newsletters (3 per month) for updates on upcoming education.
Please call 881.3711 or email Char@SpringfieldHBA.com to make a reservation.
In 2019, the HBA will host the following opportunities to fulfill these requirements:
- Four Builder Round Tables (Held quarterly, time will vary – two are scheduled in the morning and two are scheduled for later in the day. The next regularly schedule HBA Builder Round Table starts at 11:30am on Wednesday, May 21st. Check calendar monthly for updated schedule.
- Multiple Education Events – Some are free and some have a fee. These sessions vary in length of time based on the topic. (check calendar)
- Multiple HBA Membership Events (Including HBA Events like Corn Madness Tournament, Christmas Party, Golf Tournament, Fishing Tournaments, HBACF Bowling Event and 65th Anniversary Party – read your Housing E-News for dates, times and locations or check the HBA calendar). In addition to the membership events, participating in a workforce development event on behalf of the HBA meets this requirement as well.
NOTE: HBA Associate Members are encouraged to attend any of the educational sessions that are applicable to their business. A more knowledgeable membership equates to a stronger membership. (please check our calendar). To participate in the HBA Home Show as a Builder you must be an active HBA Builder.
GET HBA Builder Reminders – Simply text the message @hbabuilder to 81010.