EPA Announces Results of Lead Paint Enforcement Initiative
EPA Announces Results of Lead Paint Enforcement Initiative in New Hampshire and Maine
In 2018, EPA conducted a targeted lead paint compliance initiative in coastal New Hampshire and Maine communities. EPA distributed outreach materials to renovation firms then completed 59 lead paint inspections, resulting in at least four enforcement action. EPA also saw an increase in firms and individuals in the area certified under the RRP rule. With EPA's focus on reducing childhood exposure to lead, EPA will likely be conducting similar initiatives in other areas of the country.
NAHB has resources and a series of questions and answers on the RRP rule to help remodelers. Be sure to download NAHB's RRP Q&A as well as NAHB's guide on what to expect during an audit for more resources.
Additional information can be found in EPA's press release.
If you are a renovation firm working in pre-1978 housing, consider attending one of the short, informal training events being hosted by the EPA on the Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) rule over the next month in the following locations:
- Kansas City, Mo.: May 7th, 9:00 a.m., Lowe's, 1830 Northwest Chipman Road, Lees Summit, MO 64081
- Baltimore: May 11, 10:00 a.m., Loading Dock, 2 N. Kresson St., Baltimore, MD
- El Paso, Texas: May 15th, 10:00 a.m., Lowe's, 12100 Montana Ave., El Paso, TX 79938
- Oakland, Calif.: May 23rd, 5:30 p.m., Cole Hardware, 5533 College Avenue, Oakland, CA
- Baltimore: June 4, 9:00 a.m., Lowe's, 5300 Campbell Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21236
Brought to you by the NAHB