Can you throw bags of corn at a hole on a board? Then sign up to play in the Corn Madness Tournament and join in some friendly competition throwing corn bags! Sponsored by FamilySAFE. Don’t know what Corn Madness is all about, see “Game in Brief” below.
- March 15 – 5:30 pm start time
- Location: FamilySAFE – 221 West North Street, Republic
2015 – Team Meek’s Design Center (Mike Benna & Aaron Wahlquist)
2014 – Team FamilySAFE (Robert Rayl & Alex Hall)
Enjoy fun, food and prizes galore! Also, try your hand at the Pop-A-Shot basketball competition as well as the throwing of corn bags!
Not feeling competitive? Then sign up to be a spectator and just come and enjoy watching all the FUN!
CORN MADNESS competition begins at 5:30. The first round of teams will begin playing between 5:30 and 6:00. Remember to sign up early in order to pick your time slots!
See last year’s action – click here for video.
Game in Brief:
- Two person teams
- Two cornhole boards at official distance
- Your teammate stands at opposite board
- Opponent stands next to you at one board
- Throw bags of corn to land on board or in hole
- Board counts as 1 point
- Hole counts as 3 points
- Opponent tries to get more on the board or in the hole
- Opponent also tries to knock off your corn bags
- Scoring Example: You get one in the hole for 3 pts – opponent gets one on the board for 1 pt – your total score is 2 points (3-1=2). Great way for kids to learn addition and subtraction.
- First team to 21, at the end of an inning, wins
- 15 minute time limit per game – rarely exceeded
- Click here for the American Cornhole Association official rules. Due to time constrains, not all of the official rules will be followed.
Post your fun on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter or comment on the FamilySAFE and HBA Facebook pages to share your fun. Use hashtag #HBAHomePros