Commercial Construction Project Manager – Job Opening
Davis Electric is a full service electrical contractor located in Nixa Mo. We are looking for an experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager for new developments. This is an added position in our growing company!
The ideal candidate will harbor a passion for design and construction and devote his or her creativity to our projects. The Project Manager’s job is to oversee each project from conception to the finished structure, interfacing with both construction professionals and the client. You must be willing to travel to visit and work on job sites when necessary.
The position includes benefits, competitive salary and paid time off. The job includes both hands-on and administrative duties.
· Work with the client from the start of each project to ensure you understand the project scope and vision
· Oversee the beginning of each turn-key project, including details like permit submission and design evaluations
· Create the schedule for each project and match talent to the job
· Process change orders
· Collaborate with the architect and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project
· Conduct meetings on-site with architect, client and construction crew
· Negotiate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
· Prepare and submit project estimates to clients
Skills & Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, or similar. A Certificate in Project Management and 5 years of Electrical Experience with 1 year of PM experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree is acceptable.
· 3+ years’ experience in designing and building commercial new construction
· Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets
· Advanced understanding of risk management policies and procedures
· Extensive experiencing managing budgets for large construction projects
· Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
· Knowledge of safety & health standards
· Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
· A team player and leadership abilities
Please send resume or questions to Dena Naffa at Dena@Daviselectric.biz
This post brought to you by Davis Electric. Please respond as requested above.