The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises 1-2 accounting clerks and is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level Staff which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with CFO/Ownership, Purchasing and Project Managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from Ownership and management regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the CFO to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing accounting & office staff as needed.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support CFO/Ownership with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Minimum 2 year degree/certificate in Accounting and/or Business Management. A BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Manufacturing Accounting is preferred.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- 3 years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience working in a construction or manufacturing office environment or similar is required.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting.
- Experience with Quickbooks Enterprise w/Advanced Inventory or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ten key by touch required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed.
All employees are required to follow any other job-related duties required or assigned by their manager.
Send resume to Dena@daviselectric.biz • Do not contact the HBA regarding this job.