Eight Inexpensive Ways to Build a Better House – HBA Builder Education Session 2
Residential Construction Builder Education
This builder education series will cover eight inexpensive ways to build a better house according to Travis Miller, P.E. of Miller Engineering (View PDF)
Below the sill plate:
- Soil Compaction
- Crawlspaces - what is a vapor barrier and when do you need one?
- Drainage away from the residence - finding the balance.
- Concrete cracks are not a mystery - learn how to control them.
- The #1 cause of call-backs from home owners can be prevented by spending less than $300
Above the sill plate:
- Surprise! The joist span tables in the residential code are not correct.
- How does an "open concept floor plan" affects the structure?
- What is deflection? How much is too much? Why should you care?
Join us September 6, 2017 • 3:00pm • HBA Office
Builder & Remodelers ONLY - RSVP ASAP - Call 881.3711 or Send us an Email.